Gearing up for Back to School can be time consuming, expensive and stressful – but it doesn’t have to be if you follow a few helpful tips. Online shopping expert Michelle Madhok can help you save hours, dollars and the headaches of visiting multiple stores and waiting in long lines with her back to school online shopping tips.
1. Shop online. Only. Avoid the back-to-school mayhem entirely. Carve out time with each child to cybershop, saving contents of shopping carts until all the kids are done!
2. Sign-up for Price Alerts – Sites exist where you can sign-up to be notified when an item is marked down
3. Earn cash back on purchases – Take advantage of websites like Ebates.com shopping websites that allow you to earn up to 20% cash back on online purchases
4. Don’t pay for shipping – Join a service like ShopRunner that will give you fast, FREE shipping!
5. Shop from the bottom up – Hit view all and then shop from the bottom up of the sale page. Everyone else will be shopping top down so things sell-out more quickly at the top of the page.
6. Make a list – List out who you need to buy for on an organizing site like rememberthemilk.com and check-off when you score something for them
7. Know the and return policies – Many items may be FINAL SALE, and are nonrefundable
8. Skip the sales tax – Get big savings when you combine a sale and a coupon with a state-tax holiday. Sixteen states have tax holidays this year. Check out the full list of states here.
Do you have any online back to school shopping tips of your own? Please share in the comments section below!