Are you a nostalgic Barney fan? Do you still catch yourself singing Barney’s ‘Clean Up’ song with your kids? (That’s HIS song right?) HIT Entertainment has announced something exciting just for you. They have partnered with several new licensees for some totally awesome products. From Barney inspired Pillow Pets to video games and t-shirts, there’s a little something for every Barney fan.
(Side note: I’ve chatted with Barney on twitter and he is super dooper nice!)
“Barney holds a special place in the hearts of today’s teens and young adults who grew up watching the popular show, and now the earliest Barney fans are sharing their love of the big purple dino with their children. We are thrilled to be able to provide our fans with a full array of products that allow this group to continue to enjoy the brand of which they have such fond memories,” said Stacey Reiner, Vice President, Licensing, HIT Global Brands North America.
New licensees include:
• At Full Speed will develop, manufacture and market Barney nostalgia t-shirts, fashion tops, knit bottoms, loungewear and hoodies for adult men and women as well as a line of t-shirts for preschoolers for mass market accounts.
• Bio World will design t-shirts, long and short sleeved tops, fleece and shorts for kids, tweens, teens and adults for the specialty market.
• Braha will create Barney plush puzzle mats.
• Classic Imports has developed a new line of beverageware, room décor and accessories
• Concept One will introduce a variety of accessories including hats, gloves, plush backpacks, flip flops and plush slippers, wallets and more. Product will be available this Fall at mass and specialty retailers including Wal-Mart.
• Ontel Products Corporation and CJ Products, LLC will create Barney-inspired Pillow Pets, which will provide kids with a cuddly companion along with the functionality of a full-size pillow.
• Planet Sox will design, distribute and market Barney hosiery for kids, tweens, teens and adults and infant crib shoes.
• Rasta Imposta will now create adult Barney costumes to complement the current Barney costumes that they produce for children.
• Yoostar™ will add Barney & Friends™ to its library of content offered where users can insert themselves directly into video content of their favorites television programs and movies.
Fans can also connect with Barney on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Barney) and the recently launched Twitter account: @DinoMiteBarney. For more information about Barney and all his friends, please visit http://www.barney.com.