The LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean video game is being released on May 10, 2011, a few days before ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’ releases in theaters.
Amazon is running a special deal that is you pre-order the game, you receive a a credit toward the redemption of a LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow mini-figurine. You can read all about the deal here.
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game is an action adventure game that brings the Pirates of the Caribbean world and all its colorful characters to life in LEGO Brick form. Players will experience all the memorable scenes from the first three films, as well as those in the upcoming fourth film, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” in the humorous and quirky LEGO Video Games style.
- Exploration: Players will explore familiar locations filled with interactive LEGO Objects and encounter more than 70 memorable and new characters while making their way through more than 20 levels
- Combat: The LEGO Caribbean is full of danger! Intense sword fighting moves give the LEGO Minifigure a brand new pirate flavor
- Unforgettable Cut Scenes: Some of your favorite scenes from the Pirates of the Caribbean films are re-rendered with LEGO Minifigures, in the humorous style synonymous with LEGO Video Games
- Puzzles: Players will need all their pirate cunning to find the hidden LEGO Treasures and discover the game’s many secrets
- Two-Player Co-op: Players can join a friend or family member in the same room for two-player “drop-in/drop-out” cooperative action
- Freeplay: Building a collection of characters throughout the game, players can then use their distinctive abilities to gain access to previously unavailable areas