It looks like tablets are the next big thing for preschoolers who have definitely embraced their parents’ iPads. LeapFrog announced their newest product, the LeapPad Explorer, a a multifunctional learning tablet for kids ages 4 and up, coming Summer 2011. We are very excited about this new product and we think you will be too.
LeapPad Explorer is just like an adult tablet, but with endless fun experiences for kids, housed in a durable package. The new device combines the latest technology, educational curricula, and entertainment properties.
- Breadth of Learning: The largest-ever learning library at launch: 100+ learning games, videos, e-Books, flash cards, and more, featuring kid’s favorite characters. Compatible with the entire existing Leapster Explorer library.
- Education: Curriculum covers everything from spelling, phonics skills and mathematics to creativity, science, music, geography, and more. Included stylus also lets kids practice writing.
- Creativity: The first kids tablet with built-in camera, video recorder, microphone, and animation studio allows for creative exploration that can be shared with family and friends.
- Personalization: Automatically adjusts the learning across experiences so kids can learn at their own pace.
- Engagement: Tilt-sensor for game control and 5″ brilliant color, finger-touch screen create an interactive experience that puts kids in the middle of the action.
- Durability: Though sleek and thin, LeapPad Explorer can withstand roughhousing and is designed for little hands
Available beginning summer 2011, LeapPad Explorer will be sold at MSRP $99.99, with downloadable applications priced at MSRP $7.50 and up and game cartridges at
MSRP $24.99. The LeapPad Explorer will be available at leapfrog.com* and at major retailers in the U.S., Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines, Korea and Thailand.
*Purchases at leapfrog.com are available only in the U.S. and Canada.