Activision announced today the debut of Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure, which they are calling ‘an entertainment breakthrough for the toy and video game industries’. This new technology is merging toys and video games like never before where ‘the game allows players to transport real-world toys into virtual worlds of adventure through the “Portal of Power“‘.
We are really looking forward to seeing what this new technology is all about and will get to take a look at it in just a few days at the Toy Fair.
The game is releasing this fall for $70, which gets you the game, a Portal mat, three toys and some trading cards.
Here are a few of the features announced in their official press release:
- Each Character Has its Own Unique Powers – In addition to the highly collectible design and personalities of the toys themselves, each character has different powers and abilities, opening different experiences inside the game. Players can drop in and out of each level with as many different characters as they like, making each players experience unique.
- Toys With Brains – Each toy/character remembers the player’s shared experiences. Achievements and leveled up capabilities earned in the game are embedded inside the toy and travel with the toy. Wherever the toy goes, its experiences go with it.
- Portal of Power – The Portal of Power serves as the gateway between our world and the amazing world of the characters in Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure.
- Play With Friends – By placing two characters on the Portal of Power at once, players can team up together for cooperative play, or face off in player versus player battle arenas utilizing their leveled up characters.
- Diverse Experiences on Diverse Devices – While the toys can be used with gaming consoles to play the disc based game, completely different gaming experiences await them on the mobile app and inside the Web World, each of which were designed specifically for those platforms. The result is a remarkable number of different gaming experiences in one game.