A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc., www.acmoore.com and Sqwishland Retail, LLC, are launching a Sqwishlander Design Contest, allowing kids to submit designs for their very own version of the popular three-quarter inch high collectible.
The winning child designer will receive a $500 savings bond, $250 A.C. Moore gift card and of course, the bragging rights when they receive 250 of their own Sqwishlander collectible (approximate retail value: $200) produced by Sqwishland. The runner up will receive a $150 savings bond and a $50 A.C. Moore gift card. A total of 405 semi-finalists, 3 per A.C. Moore store, will receive a six-pack of Sqwishlander figures (approximate retail value $4.99).
To enter, children can visit any A.C. Moore from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 22 and complete a design template. Markers, crayons and colored pencils will be available to complete designs on-site. Young artists can download their own Sqwishlander design and submit it to any A.C. Moore store, or via mail or email, by Feb. 12. No purchase is necessary.
Sqwishland’s artist judges will pick the top 15 designs in each of three age groups: 5-7 years, 8-10 years and 11-13 years. Finalist designs will be posted online at www.sqwishland.com/celebritykid and www.acmoore.com between February 25 and March 4. Kids can then view all creative entries and vote for their favorite. Winning designs will be announced via the A.C. Moore website in March. The contest is sponsored by A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. and Sqwishland, LLC. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. For more information and rules, visit www.acmoore.com and www.sqwishland.com.
In addition to the Sqwishlander contest, A.C. Moore is hosting other free activities in the coming weeks:
- Saturday, Jan. 29, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.: Valentine’s Treat Tubes. Kids will love decorating their own tube and filling them with candy.
- Sunday, Jan. 30, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.: Conversation Cookies Make’n Mold® Candy Making Demonstration. Learn how to personalize cookies with heartfelt messages.
- Saturday, Feb. 12, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.: Charmtastic™ & A Bead at a Time™ Jewelry Hands-on demonstration. Adults and kids will have fun making personalized bracelets and necklaces.
- Saturday, Feb. 19, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.: Plastic Canvas Make & Take. This is a craft that’s fun for kids and adults. Stop by and check out plastic canvas products, books and ideas and make a bookmark.
- Monday, Feb. 21st 1-3 p.m.: President’s Day Event. Buy a t-shirt and decorate it for free! Show your patriotic spirit!
- Saturday, February 26th 1 p.m.-3 p.m.: Wilton® Decorating Basics Demonstration.