Have you ever dreamed of being a gymnast? Or maybe you have an aspiring gymnast in your home. We had the chance to test out Shawn Johnson Gymnastics for the Nintendo Wii.
I had our son test it out, since he used to be a competitive gymnast and he had a lot of fun with it. He gave it a two thumbs up. Although, I am probably not supposed to tell you that, since it’s GIRL gymnastics, but never-the-less…he enjoyed it and so did I.
Platform: Nintendo Wii
- Learn the best techniques of gymnastics with the guidance of Shawn Johnson
- Work your way from amateur to champion in “Leaping Hill Academy”
- Use Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Balance Board in events
- Train in all gymnastic competitions: uneven bars, balance beam, floor, and vault
- Compete in career mode or take on friends in multiplayer
My personal favorite event was the bars. Now if only I could do those stunts in real life! We’ve played the game several times since we first tested it and each time we get better and better at perfecting our routines. Shawn Johnson is very proud of us.
I think this would be the perfect game for girls, ages 8 and up, who have an interest in gymnastics and who love Shawn Johnson. She’s such a gymnastics icon and a lot of little girls look up to her.