**Expected ship date of 10/1. If you pre-order this title, your entire shipment will be held until this delivery date. If you prefer that the rest of your order not be delayed, please place a separate order for this item.
Turn the Leapster Explorer™ handheld into a digital camera and video recorder!
Kids can take pictures and personalize them and shoot movies for music videos. Eight activities encourage creative expression, explore emotions and help build skills with letters, numbers and shapes.
• Take, store and edit up to 1,000 photos.
• Stretch, stamp and draw on pictures to personalize them.
• Create puzzles or use photos to tell a story.
• Turn photos into characters to zap letters or numbers in fun activities.
• Appropriate for children ages 4 to 9 years.
Only for use with the Leapster Explorer™ handheld (sold separately).
- Sorting and Classifying
- Children actively arrange their blocks, cars and dolls, using visual discrimination to sort objects around them. Essential for math and science, classification is the logical reasoning ability to identify and group objects by attributes such as color, size, number, function, length, volume, weight, area, time and other familiar characteristics.
- Children learn to recognize the defining properties of shapes (such as a square having four sides of equal length and angles, and a triangle as being a closed figure with three sides), and can identify them in different rotations.
- Children learn to count and compare sets of objects, and recite the number string, to solve problems that require exact enumeration.