Coming August 24th: Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar brings all the beloved and classic simulation gameplay of the Harvest Moon series to the DS/DSi platforms, while adding a new emphasis on selling at the town bazaar. Along with farming, animal husbandry and marriage, each in-game week players set up shop in the bazaar, hoping to resurrect the marketplace’s faded glory, as well as make money. Additional game features include four-player game support, the ability to manufacture special goods and improved controls.
Resurrect the Town Bazaar
Zephyr Town’s bazaar was once the grandest in the world, drawing customers and peddlers from all four corners of the Earth. Sadly, that is no longer the case. These days, the bazaar has more tumbleweeds than customers. But maybe you can turn its fortunes around. The bazaar is a weekly event in Zephyr, so raise animals, harvest crops, craft rare delicacies, and then sell your wares at your very own shop. Can you bring prosperity back to Zephyr Town?
Like all Harvest Moon games, Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar is a simulation game. Gameplay aspects that have made the series a favorite over the years, such as farming, animal husbandry, marriage and raising a family are all present, but the new focus that Grand Bazaar brings is an emphasis on the town marketplace. Players are tasked with helping to rebuild a once grand marketplace that has fallen on hard times. Prompted by quotas that the town mayor provides, players accumulate goods and animals, grown and raised on their farms, and a variety of special good that are created at windmills throughout the game space. These can be sold at the weekly bazaar for money that can either be saved or used to buy special items only available at the bazaar. Special manufactured good created at windmills, such as rings, can also be given to prospective mates, which may increase the chances of getting married more quickly and starting a family. Additional features include the ability to play as a boy or a girl, four-player game support and more responsive controls that allow for faster movements and a double-jump ability.
Key Game Features
- Barter with customers at your shop; earn money and build skills in interactive part-time jobs; visit windmills to craft special items
- Raise a horse and compete in thrilling races; expand your farm and woo a wife; use magic to solve puzzles and help friends in need
- Play as a boy or as a girl; engage in thrilling magic duels
- Find love, get married, and start a family; make new friends and uncover hidden surprises; build your relationship with villages by helping them achieve their goals and dreams
- Four player game support and more responsive/faster controls, including the ability to speed up and double-jump