Two new lines of Bratz dolls will be hitting store shelves at the end of August. MGA, which launched the doll 10 years ago, is shipping several new Bratz products:
- “Passion for Fashion” dolls that retail for $9.99 and come with extra clothes and accessories;
- “Party” dolls, which retail for $19.99 and come with both day wear and party wear.
- A pair of twins, Roxxi and Phoebe, in a two-pack for $24.99;
- Two Bratz Boyz at $10.99 each; and
- Play sets such as a spa for $49.99 and a club lounge for $34.99.
The new Bratz have less makeup and more ample clothing and are more flexible than earlier versions, said MGA CEO Isaac Larian. They have been in development since December, when the appeals court put on hold the order for MGA to hand over the trademark to Mattel.
MGA said retailers set aside shelf space for the line in January, however. And Toys R Us spokeswoman Kathleen Waugh said the new Bratz dolls are “being accommodated within the normal flexing of space in the fashion dolls area for the fall set.”