We were sent the Leap Frog Click n’ Create Digital Camera made by Sakar to review and given that everyone but our 6 year old has a digital camera, he was pretty stoked!
I have read quite a few reviews on this camera and there seems to be a common theme when it comes to the pros and cons. Let’s start with the cons:
- The picture quality isn’t great when taken inside – our son did get a little irritated with the picture quality, but once we taught him the best way to use the camera to get a decent picture, he thought it was pretty cool.
- There is a lag between the time you can take a second picture.
- You can’t stand very close to the subject you are taking a picture of because the flash will turn everything a bright white.
- Our son loves it – He’s been snapping pictures like crazy from the car, inside the house, outside on the trampoline and at his brother and sister’s soccer game. To him, he feels like a little photographer in training.
- The camera talks – It says ‘Good Shot’ when you take a picture and ‘Bye Bye’ when you turn it off, as well as ‘Smile for the Camera’ and ‘Say Cheese’.
- It has a built in flash and a 1.5 inch screen.
- This is a great camera to teach kids how to take photos. For $49.99 you can teach your little one how to hold the camera still, how to take pictures outside, and just teach them about the love of photography.
- The camera includes interactive software, which we all thought was fabulous! The Lean n’ Learn Photo Editing Software has so many things you can do including games, photo workshop and an editing center.
- The camera is designed just right for little hands and it easy to hold and also withstands being dropped. Very important!
We have found that this camera works best outside, because like we mentioned before, the flash can really whiten out the subject. But it definitely takes great pictures outside and is perfect for ages 4 and up to learn the art of photography. Our 6 year old even took a few pictures in the car with the window rolled down and they turned out really great. He has a nice collection of tree pictures.
Overall, if you are looking for an inexpensive, digital camera for your toddler, I would recommend the Leap Frog Click n’ Create Digital Camera.
The camera can be purchased at Toys R Us just in time for those summer trips!