It may not come out until May 23, 2010, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the number 1 selling video game at Toys R Us online this week. This is one hot game! If you order the game at Amazon.com, you get a $20 video game credit toward the purchase of future video games. That is a great deal.
* Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges
* Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy, sometimes upside-down, sometimes floating from place to place. Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario’s history
* On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi. Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms
* Yoshi has an interesting diet. When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls. When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights
* New power-ups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet’s surface all the way to the other side of a planet